Friday, September 01, 2006

the strange homecoming

I'm americanny!

I'm sitting alone in my dorm right now, listening to Yanni and feeling really strange.
my dad leaves for singapore tomorrow afternoon, we've been spending time together shopping and eating and arguing and visiting family friends... 5 days flew by in the very cliched way. its a strange kind of homecoming, you could call it. there's a picture of me as a baby with a family friend and pictures of my mom, dad, and grandmother tacked to the fridge of a family friend. its been 17 years! there's a story on how we left and went to singapore, involving me, my dad and certain events in china which I never knew until recently. its amazing that I was once so small! I've met with my parents' professors, they are really wonderful people. there is this feeling of awe. I had dinner with some family friends still in ann arbor now... and they [dad and friends] start talking about old stuff... and I just fell alseep on their couch after reading the local newspaper. [woke up with pins and needles]



The sky is so blue, the grass very green, the air clear! roads are wide and cars go really fast. food comes in supersizes, I can finally go straight for the S sizes in clothes [unless I'm in the junior department!] tap water tastes different here. I kept hearing the story of me demanding to drink tapwater in china [omigosh! ._.] when I just got there from america. and how I demanded cheese and peanut butter! well. I keep hearing from people here how I look like my mom.


tomorrow, or rather, later, I plan to take a walk around central campus. I find that living in North campus without a US phone makes me really antisocial and uncontactable! haha. I need to: 1. find out what books I need and order them online 2. find people to start a Tmobile family plan with 3. buy a plastic cutlery set [I realized I have no spoon or fork to eat maggi mee if I cooked it, only chopsticks o.O] 3. talk to more people 4. write down emergency contacts 5. email many many people 6. do my laundry [HAHA!] oh did anyone realize I have two number 3s up there... whatever








I want to own another pair of converse shoes! or sneakers. clothes here seem more durable [!] and worthy of its price here. unlike singapore. but I'm gonna miss summer all year long! I think I might need to be thawed out during winter. its only the beginning of fall and I'm getting cold. I hope to take many pretty photos. I have a photoblog. but. well. its so much trouble to blog actually, but its nice when I've get around to doing it...




wonder what to do about my major, my future... school starts next tuesday! chem classes, writing classes, hopefully calc III... like, omg, I think I'm gonna DIE >_<












._."



-
*

3 Comments:

At September 03, 2006 10:47 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, this was an interesting story and feeling. All the best my dear friend! Hope you have a good start in the new environment.

 
At September 04, 2006 2:20 AM , Blogger min said...

don't be anon! rawR >_< thanks =)

 
At September 04, 2006 12:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just a passby and also into a new world as you.
Thanks for sharing your feeling. I felt better after reading your blog.

Anon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home