Sunday, January 14, 2007

exhilaration


what I'd give to push myself across the tar stroke by stroke, up the slope - stopping a while to stare at the horizon - before letting go and pretending to fly down the hill on my blades. the wet wind is blowing in my ears, and I have nothing but good company on a monday afternoon on a deserted bicycle track. here I am wishing I was back at ECP and out in the baking sun, attempting to terrorize the beginner's corner and instead being terrorized by the real pros (who are either to damn hawt or geeky imo), wishing I was with mabel and puiman. take me with you we would laugh at each other and scream at no one, and perhaps we can be kids again and no one would care - throw me back into the past - childlike lack of inhibitions, daring and unafraid of falling, learning and being proud of having learnt.

life is a day that never lasts for long



there's this ache in my heart and body that misses being out in the singapore night (or rather, in the dead of the morning), that wants to be out doing camp again and pushing my body out of its vain comforts. I miss the sheer exhaustion of completing three days and two nights of camp, the joys of the company and reluctance of parting. however, memories of camp are still tinged with regret - that catch - perhaps its time its undone. from sitting by the sea at the lighthouse, feeling so out of place for being such a pampered creature, to lying in hammocks and talking about the future, comforting insecurities with insecurities.

those two weeks of sheer madness alternating between camp and waitressing were the most painful yet enjoyable period of 2006 - intersected by my birthday which I didn't bother to celebrate but others did - and I am grateful. if you feel discouraged there is a lack of color here procrastination at a high, its effects creeping into my life and discolouring my perception. the tale of the girafagawaah and pet giraffe (yes, mabel, my brother is feeding it) that entwines different people in my life, still. so just say yes or no movies and icecream!

we live on front porches and swing life away




alright, I think the random monster has hit, and I shall not try to weave it all together, because it's ok as long as I remember.


gone - like yesterday is gone




-*


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home